|Position:||Casual Test Administrator|
|Position Location:||Schools in all geographical locations around Australia. Applicants from all metropolitan, regional and remote locations are encouraged to apply.|
|Project:||NAP-ICT Literacy Main Study 2017|
|Project Manager:||Kate O’Malley|
The Test Administrator is responsible for administering the National Assessment Program – ICT Literacy (NAP-ICTL) assessment on-site at participating Australian metropolitan and/or regional schools.
All testing conducted during the NAP-ICTL assessment period (16 October – 3 November) will be computer-based.
Test Administrators will work under the direction of the Project Manager and in close liaison with Project Staff.
The NAP-ICTL assessment is a triennial assessment of Year 6 and Year 10 students in Australian schools and seeks to assess their achievement in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
NAP-ICTL is administered by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) on behalf of the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA).
- Provide proof of the relevant clearances and registrations to be able to enter schools within the relevant State/Territory. This must be valid for the entirety of the testing period for this project;
- Be available for the duration of the assessment period. Some availability in the weeks leading up to the assessment period will be required for training and school liaison;
- Successfully complete all compulsory training, as required;
- Liaise regularly with ACER staff leading up to and throughout the assessment period;
- Liaise with school coordinators and school IT staff prior to the assessment day to coordinate administrative materials and confirm testing arrangements;
- For each allocated school, Test Administrators will be expected to:
- Travel to and from the school. This aspect of the position will require a current driver’s licence and own motor vehicle, though car hire may be organised in certain circumstances at ACER’s discretion. It may also involve air travel and overnight accommodation (organised by ACER) for some rural or regional schools.
- Set up the assessment room and materials (including ensuring the assessment devices are turned on, logged into and test-ready);
- Conduct and supervise the assessment session and questionnaire as required;
- Provide attendance records and detailed feedback via the ACER Test Administrator Website;
- Be available to conduct any additional testing sessions during the assessment period as required;
- Maintain the integrity of security for ACER tests and materials;
- Perform other duties as required by the Project Manager.
Decision Making Authority
Test Administrators are required to exercise some initiative in carrying out delegated tasks under the direction of the Project Manager and in close liaison with other project staff as required. Most work is within established routines. Decisions outside established routines are to be referred to the Project Manager.
Knowledge, Experience & Training
- the relevant state/territory Working With Children Check and clearances required to work in schools;
- intermediate computer literacy skills (including willingness to engage with basic technical issues by following clear, written or oral instructions);
- experience maintaining the confidentiality and security of test materials, a test environment and test results;
- demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and ability to follow procedures;
- well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to articulate technical issues should they arise.
- Bachelor Degree in Teaching (or equivalent);
- Current teaching registration.
Conditions of Appointment
The appointment is for the NAP-ICT Literacy assessment period (16 October – 3 November 2017) and prior to the assessment period (in late September/early October) to undertake compulsory training activities at a time(s) convenient to the Test Administrator. In addition, there may be a need to contact early testing schools from late September 2017.
Test Administrators will be paid as per the sessional rates below:
Upon completion of all compulsory training activities including reading the Test Administrator Manuals and all associated documentation as well as participating in a webinar.
|Assessment session – half day
This includes preparation prior to the assessment (e.g. contacting the School Coordinator) administering one 2-hour assessment session and undertaking post assessment duties (e.g. providing online feedback to the ACER team).
|Assessment session – full day
This includes preparation prior to the assessment (e.g. contacting the School Coordinator) administering two 2-hour assessment session and undertaking post assessment duties (e.g. providing online feedback to the ACER team).
ACER will contribute 9.5% of gross salary to the UniSuper Award Plus (Accumulation 1) Plan if gross pay is more than $450 per month. Membership of UniSuper is compulsory with no option for choice of fund available under the superannuation Trust Deed and the prevailing ACER Enterprise Agreement.
To formally register your interest to work as a Test Administrator, please complete and return the PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org along with copies of your current teacher registration and/or police check/ clearances.