We recognise our employees are our greatest asset and acknowledge their contribution to our continued success through generous employment conditions and benefits.
Remuneration and rewards
Our employees receive generous remuneration and rewards including:
- a highly competitive salary;
- superannuation contributions of between 9.5 per cent and 17 per cent to UniSuper (for Australian employees);
- annual salary increases;
- annual incremental progression within the salary range of their position level; and
- access to salary packaging options.
Flexible work practices
Our conditions of employment include a range of flexible work options that support work-life balance for our employees, including:
- 20 working days of annual leave for each year of employment (pro rata for part-time employees);
- additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year;
- additional flexible leave of up to 20 working days (such as 48/52, 50/52);
- 20 working days of personal and carer's leave for each year of employment (pro rata for part-time employees);
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for primary carers and three weeks of paid partner leave;
- military service, community services and blood donation leave; and
- religious, cultural and ceremonial leave.
Health, safety and wellbeing
We are committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and offer a range of services and support, including:
- annual flu vaccinations;
- Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service);
- international travel, health and security advisory services; and
- various site-specific initiatives and services that include weekly fruit platters, subsidised massages, secure bicycle facilities, discount gym and yoga memberships, on-site showers and sports lockers, and ongoing support for a number of local and national work health events.
We believe that leadership is exercised by individuals or groups whether or not they are in formal positions of authority and so everybody can provide leadership in their day-to-day work. To better understand our leadership values and behaviours, please view the ACER Leadership Framework.
As guided by our Leadership Framework, we actively encourage and support the ongoing development of our employees to broaden the range and level of their expertise and skills in relation to our values and goals.
Learning and development
We are committed to the ongoing professional development of our employees and encourage them to actively pursue learning and growth opportunities which broaden the range and level of their expertise and skills.
To assist our employees to achieve their individual performance, professional development and career objectives we offer a range of initiatives including:
- annual performance and development cycle;
- studies assistance for vocational qualifications, degrees and higher degrees;
- support for attendance at conferences, external courses and/or training programs;
- personal development programs and education sessions;
- leadership and mentoring programs; and
- access to online learning resources which provide practical information, tools and e-learning that can be used and applied in the workplace.
The ACER Social Club oversees and coordinates a range of social, recreational and cultural activities, events and celebrations such as our annual end-of-year function, drinks, lunches, morning teas for and on behalf of employees across each of our office locations. It aims to encourage, promote and foster the building of relationships and fellowship amongst employees. ACER employees contribute to and are members of the Social Club, providing funds to support its activities.
Employment terms and conditions
To view the generous terms and conditions of employment (for Australian employees) please see the ACER Enterprise Agreement 2015–2019.