AGAT is a thoroughly researched and nationally normed assessment instrument. Each test includes an equal number of verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning items (45 in total).
- Provides a multifaceted estimate of students’ general intellectual ability and aptitude;
- Can be administered individually or to a large group;
- A common scale for all nine tests gives teachers the flexibility to match test level to ability and monitor development over time;
- Includes percentiles and stanines that allow for comparison with a national norm group at different year levels;
- Provides scores for different strands (Verbal, Numerical and Abstract reasoning) to help identify specific strengths and development needs.