The ACER Mathematics Assessment for Incoming Students (AMAIS) is an online diagnostic test designed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER).
AMAIS assesses Mathematical knowledge and provides useful diagnostic information in the form of individual and group reports and has been developed to assist with the placement of students into appropriate mathematics streams at pre-tertiary and tertiary level.
AMAIS is a valid and secure assessment tool that assesses competency in six broad content areas:
- Geometry and Measurement
- Functions and Graphs
- Probability and Statistics
- Rates of Change and Calculus
- 60-minute online test
- 35 multiple-choice and closed short-answer questions
- candidate usernames and passwords guarantee secure access to the AMAIS site
- a test administration manual is provided for supervisors
- individual Universities and Foundation Colleges can administer AMAIS
- AMAIS can be administered to any group size
The test fee is $25 (incl GST) per candidate, assuming there is a minimum of 100 candidates per institution annually.
The test fee includes:
- the provision of the test
- support for the administration of the test (including instructions for supervisors)
- scoring of the test
- analysis and reporting of student results