Test centre behaviour
No eating or smoking is permitted during the test sessions, or in the test room. Water bottles are permitted.
Unethical behaviour and penalties
ALSET is a high stakes test; that is, the results of the test have the potential to make a major impact on the future study plans of the candidate. For this reason, ACER has established security procedures which will be strictly enforced at all times.
It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure that they understand that the following are considered to be breaches of test rules:
- the giving of false or misleading information during the registration process;
- attempting to gain access to test questions prior to the test;
- attempting to take the test on behalf of another person;
- allowing another person to attempt to take the test on your behalf;
- attempting to remove a test book or part thereof, an answer sheet, or any notes, from the testing room;
- failure to follow test supervisor’s instructions at all times;
- giving or receiving assistance during the test;
- creating a disturbance;
- using unauthorised aids (including notes, note paper, calculator, mobile phone, tape recorder, etc.)
The penalty for any of the above breaches will be the cancellation of the candidate’s test and a ban from registering to sit for ALSET on a future occasion.