|15 May 2019||
ACER’s online writing assessment, eWrite, is designed to provide accurate, consistent and reliable automatic marking of different genres of writing. The assessment features a number of prompts across four different genres of writing: narrative, persuasive, report and description. eWrite topics were developed to be broad and engaging, allowing students between Years 4 and 9 to develop their own creative and original responses.
This session will explain:
- how eWrite can be integrated into established school assessment strategies
- how teachers can read and analyse their students’ eWrite reports
- how to make reliable judgements about improving writing practices based on eWrite results data.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- Effectively incorporate eWrite into existing classroom assessment strategies
- Read eWrite reports
- Make judgements about students’ writing ability based on the data provided by eWrite.
Teachers and school staff members responsible for administering or reporting on students’ eWrite assessments.
Teachers and school staff members considering using eWrite.
Experience with and understanding of eWrite is beneficial.