|23 Oct 2019||
Time: 4pm AEDT
Dr Jarrod Hingston
This session will focus on how teachers can most effectively use and interpret the Longitudinal Report. Available as part of the reporting suite for all PAT assessments, the Longitudinal Report allows you to observe your students’ progress within a learning area by comparing their scale scores from multiple assessment periods over time.
The session will demonstrate:
- how to generate a Longitudinal Report for different groups of students
- how to view the report either as a box plot or scatter plot
- how to identify the growth trajectories of individual students.
The presenters will also relate the use of the Longitudinal Report to PAT Reading and PAT Mathematics resources such as the achievement levels and the PAT Teaching Resources Centre.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- Generate a Longitudinal Report for targeted student cohorts
- Use and interpret the report for monitoring students’ progress over time
- Use and interpret the PAT Reading and PAT Maths Longitudinal Reports and PAT resources for supporting target setting and monitoring progress over time.
Teachers and school staff members responsible for administering or reporting on students’ PAT assessments, or for implementing teaching and learning strategies informed by students’ PAT assessment results. This webinar is also recommended for educators with an interest in identifying growth trajectories of students.
No prior PAT professional learning is required.
Experience with PAT Reading and PAT Maths is highly recommended.