Guide for poster presentations
Displayed over the two days of Research Conference 2019, poster presentations provide an opportunity to give a succinct visual overview of successful practice.
Poster presentations will be displayed in the exhibition area of the conference. Presenters are required to be in attendance at their poster presentations during all break times to converse with the conference delegates. A PDF version of the poster presentations should be available for conference delegates.
Poster presentations should include reference to key literature, evidence, and resources as well as providing insights into approaches and strategies.
The poster presentations abstract should be a maximum of 500 words, excluding references, and include:
- a title (maximum 80 characters) which clearly indicates to conference delegates the focus of the poster
- an overview of relevant context, theories, methodologies, and/or research used to explore the successful practice
- an overview of insights into approaches and strategies (teacher and/or student), including visual materials and data to support the display such as graphs, charts, photos, examples of student/teacher work
- specific curriculum content and/or year level/s associated with the practice
- reference to key literature, evidence, and resources.
Poster presentations will be provided with:
- display board (1.8 x 1.1m)
- trestle table
- power if requested.
The nominated lead presenter will be the key contact for each poster presentations submission. The nominated presenter must include their details on the submission form, including a mobile phone number.
Deadline for poster presentation applications
Please submit your application no later than Friday 24 May 2019. You will be advised by Friday 7 June 2019 regarding acceptance of your proposal.