The ACER Chemistry Assessment for Incoming Students (ACAIS) is an online diagnostic test designed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER).
ACAIS is an assessment of chemistry and provides useful diagnostic information in the form of individual and group reports and has been designed to assess the knowledge of the prerequisite concepts required to undertake Foundation and Preparation Programs.
Areas of chemistry covered in the test include:
- Atomic structures
- Elements, compounds and bonding
- Mole and molecular formulae
- Chemistry of solutions
- Standard conditions and gas laws
- Simple organic chemistry
- 60 minutes online test
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- candidate usernames and passwords guarantee secure access to the ACAIS website
- a test administration manual is provided for supervisors
- individual Universities and Foundation colleges can administer ACAIS
- ACAIS can be administered to any group size
The test fee is $27.50 (incl GST) per candidate, assuming there is a minimum of 100 candidates per institution annually.
The test fee includes:
- the provision of the test
- support for the administration of the test (including instructions for supervisors)
- scoring of the test
- analysis and reporting of students results
A sample group report (excel) is also available on request.