The ACER Emotional Intelligence Accreditation program is a face-to-face two-day training course (including pre- and post-course work) which teaches participants how to administer, score and interpret a valid emotional intelligence instrument, the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0), in addition to the Emotional Quotient 360 (EQ 360) assessment. Following certification, participants will be able to use the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 for coaching, training, team development, recruitment, succession planning and talent management. These instruments have particular relevance for executive coaching, personal coaching, leadership development and employee engagement.
This course is designed for
- Human resources professionals
- Executive Coaches
- Industrial-organisation psychologists
- Talent management executives.
Participants must meet one of the following minimum entry requirements for enrolment:
- a relevant degree, such as:
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- demonstrated commercial experience in Human Resources management roles.
Upon successful registration, participants will be sent details of their pre-program preparation. This will include some background reading, completion of an EQ-i 2.0 questionnaire and the completion of a further questionnaire to confirm background experience, learning needs and preferences.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- Understand emotional intelligence and explain its importance
- Apply the components of the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 including defining composite scales and subscales
- Understand the science behind the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360
- Evaluate and analyse an EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 assessment
- Administer the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360
- Follow a structured approach when preparing for a feedback session
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct an effective assessment feedback session
- Interpret the benefits of emotional intelligence to client groups and stakeholders
- Describe how emotional intelligence applies to different disciplines
- Identify resources available post-certification
- Assess which report type is appropriate for the client.
EQ-i requirements for qualification:
- Training in a human service area or significant experience working in a human service area.
- Complete the study guide prior to Workshop 1.
- Attend all workshop sessions.
- Successfully complete the exam held during the course.
Webinar / workshop in detail:
Upon successful completion of the course and final exam, participants will be eligible to user ACER selection tools for:
- Executive coaching
- High-stakes recruitment
- Employee selection
- High-potential identification and development
- Succession planning
- Team development
- Organisational analysis.
Full day workshop.
ACER State offices.
Course handouts and sample reports.
$2194.50 inc. GST.
Course cost includes lunch and course notes.
Enter the coupon code FESTIVE10 during registration for 10% off the course cost.
For more information
ACER Sales Support
Tel: 1800 338 402 (toll free)