The Principal For A Day ‘shadows’ the school principal and participates in normal day-to-day activities in a primary, special or secondary school.More
The principal and the Principal For A Day discuss the challenges and current issues each is facing in their leadership role. Other activities on the day usually include a tour of the school buildings and site; and discussions with students and teachers.
All Principals For A Day and host principals are carefully matched to provide the best possible experience. Once you have registered, we'll ask for more information, such as your professional goals and interests, and a member of our team will contact you to discuss your needs.
Independent research has found that the experience of participating in the program is mutually beneficial for schools and Principals For A Day.
Principal For A Day is a valuable and rewarding experience for participants, and many Principals For A Day and schools continue their relationships on a voluntary basis. Results to date include professional learning exchanges, curriculum development, careers advice, job offers to students, industry and work experience visits, two-way mentoring and sharing of ideas and resources.
Benefits for school principals
- Acquire new insights on leadership from successful leaders in other spheres.
- Showcase the school to significant business and community leaders.
- Develop ongoing relationships for the school and its students.
Benefits for business and community leaders
- Increase knowledge of the issues facing schools and the work they are doing.
- Share ideas and perspectives on leading complex and innovative organisations.
- Add value to their own organisation through participation.