|12 Oct 2018||
Time: 9.30am - 4.00pm
This informative, interactive course will outline the most important principles for the acquisition of excellence in literacy teaching and learning.
Participants will gain knowledge and insights into practical literacy teaching and learning strategies and activities, based on the most current research into evidence-based instruction and best practice.
Participants will experience a range of strategies that can be immediately applied in the classroom to rapidly improve reading, increase fluency and develop comprehension to significantly enhance the literacy outcomes of all students.
This six-hour course will outline the:
- six key principles for excellence in literacy teaching and learning
- evidence-based research into best practice in quality literacy instruction for all students
- triangulation of literacy data with the Magic Words Recognition Test
- link between automaticity, fluency and comprehension
- targeted, explicit, systematic teaching of the highest value literacy activities.