More dates coming soon.
Seven Steps to Writing Success – one-day workshop
Join us in this fast-moving, interactive, fun workshop that will enable teachers to:
- arm students with the practical steps to become engaging, passionate writers – in any text type and medium
- improve school-wide writing results – fast
- enable real learning by doing
- inspire great writing and make a change in just one day, and
- take away more than 25 action activities you can use in your classroom immediately.
The Seven Steps is a simple system that breaks down the teaching of writing into the seven main skills. 'Chunking' makes writing easier – and far more effective – to learn.
Based on author skills – not a formula – identified by creator Jen McVeity, the author of more than 20 books, the Seven Steps approach is effective because it is simple, practical and can be used in the classroom tomorrow.
There is a strong emphasis on verbal scaffolding – and fun – to engage students. The Seven Steps approach is applicable to all year levels (even P-2) and works perfectly with other writing programs that focus on spelling and grammar and other elements of explicit instruction.
Participants will receive workshop notes and a school order form for discounted Tool Kits.