Benefits for schools
The SEW Survey provides schools with information about their student population (whole school, specific year levels, targeted groups) which can be used to direct planning and problem-solving efforts.
Benefits for schools include:
- Results enable schools to identify the social and emotional needs of their students.
- Data from the report helps inform development of ‘student wellbeing policies’.
- Results allow staff to assess the effectiveness of intervention programs and assist them to target resourcing to specific areas of need.
- The survey allows schools to report on student wellbeing in mission statements and strategic plans.
- Results can assist schools to provide parents, both current and prospective, and communities with an independent assessment of the schools ability to provide for and enhance students’ wellbeing