Reward outstanding academic performance
The ACER Scholarship Tests are used across Australia to identify scholarship candidates by reliably differentiating among academically able students.
The program provides support to participating schools, parents and students.
Skills-based, reliable tests designed to identify outstanding performance
High-quality, extensively trialed questions
Available to Australian and international students, for entry into Australian schools
Support from the ACER Scholarships team from registration to results delivery
Easy online registration
ACER Scholarship cycle
- School registers test date with ACER
- Parents register and pay for each school they wish to apply to
- Student sits the test
- ACER marks applicants’ test papers
- ACER reports back to school
- School informs parent if a scholarship is awarded
- ACER or school distributes result reports to parents
ACER Scholarship Test structure
Primary (Level P) tests
For entry into Years 4 to 6.
Reading and Viewing
Delivery: Paper based
Secondary (Levels 1, 2 and 3)
For entry into Years 7 to 12.
- Level 1: Mathematics (multiple choice, 40 minutes)
- Levels 2 and 3: Mathematics and Science (multiple choice, 40 minutes)
Delivery: Online or Paper based
Stay up-to-date with ACER Scholarship Test dates