AGAT supports teachers to understand their students’ ability to learn, providing rich insights into their cognitive abilities that can be used to:
- inform and track the development of students’ reasoning capabilities
- identify students most likely to benefit from extension, including entry into specialist classes or selective programs
- compare with students’ academic achievement to better understand their additional support needs.
How schools can use AGAT results
- select students for entry into a high-performing school or specialist classes
- monitor progress for students who may not demonstrate strong skills in reading and mathematics
- triangulate other data sets when reporting student progress.
Learn more about AGAT and what’s new in the 2nd edition in one of our introductory webinars for prospective schools.
Designed by world leaders in education
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) is globally renowned for developing educational research, assessments, products and services that improve learning across the lifespan.