MSCEIT Certification - Identify people’s real Emotional Intelligence.
The Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT) evaluates emotional intelligence (EI) through a series of objective and impersonal questions. Based on scenarios typical of everyday life, the MSCEIT measures how well people perform tasks and solve emotional problems, rather than having them provide their own subjective assessment of their emotional skills.
This MSCEIT Certification course is designed to provide professionals with the knowledge, skills and confidence to effectively implement the MSCEIT to the highest standard.
The blended course gives participants the opportunity to experience the tool firsthand through self-assessment and to receive feedback from an experienced coach.
Note: Purchase of the MSCEIT is restricted to registered psychologists. Professionals without those qualifications are required to complete the MSCEIT Certification.
Participants must meet one of the following minimum entry requirements for enrolment:
- a relevant degree, such as:
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- demonstrated commercial experience in Human Resources management roles.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate the capacity to use MSCEIT, including all key resources, to provide adequate feedback to individuals
- demonstrate the capacity to understand an individual’s ability to perceive, use, understand and regulate emotions
- recognise emotions, compare them to other sensations, and determine how they interact with thought
- apply knowledge to implement differentiated feedback strategies.
Course in detail
The MSCEIT Certification course includes:
- a blended curriculum where you do part of your certification online and part in class
- the ability to take the assessment yourself and get feedback from an experienced coach
- an online account where you can use the MSCEIT with your clients
- tokens to get you started using the assessment after certification
- access to the online User’s Handbook and other resources
- a MSCEIT certificate of completion
- continuing education credits from the International Coach Federation.
Blended (face-to-face and online)
20 hours of coursework including two days of face-to-face training, online pre-coursework and a learning assurance task (exam) at the end.
All resources are included in the course:
- online MSCEIT account
- assessment tokens
- online User’s Handbook
- additional online resources.
Course cost includes lunch and course notes.
For more information
ACER Sales Support
Tel: 1800 338 402 (toll free)