Seeking Problem Solvers? is a secure test designed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) to assess the problem solving skills of applicants for positions at graduate or equivalent level.
Seeking Problem Solvers? has tasks that are meaningful, accessible and contextually appropriate. Specialised knowledge is not required, however Year 9 numeracy is assumed.
Why test problem solving skills?
Employees with strong problem solving skills are able to:
- Tackle quantitative problems
- Adapt to change within the workplace
- Cope with the varying demands of the workplace
- Manage a range of responsibilities, and
- Transfer skills from one context to another.
How problem-solving skills are tested
Candidates' problem solving skills are assessed by measuring their ability to analyse and transform information as a basis for making decisions and solving practical problems.
Good problem solvers are able to display insight into problems and deal logically with key information. Characteristically they have analytical, logical and quantitative reasoning skills.
Seeking Problem Solvers?
- has test material presented in low verbal and non-verbal format
- is a secure test with a number of test forms available
- is a 45 minute, multiple-choice test (35 items)
- offers a fast turn-around for results
- provides a personalised report for each candidate
- offers comparative data, and
- has Australian norms.