Value of the findings
The study’s findings respond to widespread interest in Australia on the development of Australia’s graduate workforce. They provide significant new information about the outcomes and importance of university education. The survey identifies:
- employment outcomes in the first five years after graduation;
- links between education, further training and work;
- relationships between outcomes in the first, third and fifth years post graduation;
- factors that shape graduates’ careers, including further education and training; and
- career pathways and transitions for different fields of education.
This research provides highly valuable information about the medium-term labour market outcomes of bachelor degree graduates. This new information has the potential to influence policy and practice in individual universities and across the sector as a whole.