Module 1 for children
Facilitator introduces children to four primary emotions – happy, sad, worried and angry – and explains that there are different intensities of feelings. Children learn this concept with help of the Feelings Strength Bar.
- How to use the Feelings Strength Bar to rate intensities of their feelings
- How to recognise happy, sad, worried and angry facial features
- How different people can have different feelings in the same situation
Module 1 for parents and teachers
Facilitator works closely with parents and teachers to ensure the best possible outcome for each child. Parents and teachers are introduced to their role as ‘emotion coaches’, and learn about how to support children to talk about their emotions.
- What is the Westmead Feelings Program?
- The emotional and social challenges of children with ASD
- How children with ASD communicate
- How to be an emotion coach
- How to use the Feelings Strength Bar
- How to use visual cueing
- How to use the communications book