The progressive achievement cycle
Using data to understand where students are in their learning
Supporting the next steps
Informing teaching and learning through:
- Setting personal stretch targets
- Development of teachers’ capabilities
- The use of learning resources
Monitoring growth of student achievement over time
Helping every student demonstrate learning progress
Scales: a powerful way to describe learning progress
- Progressive Achievement scales detail the skills, knowledge and understanding typical at various points in the learning process in a domain – a roadmap for describing and measuring student progress.
- ACER has mapped scales for learning progression in several domains, including reading and mathematics.
ACER’s Progressive Achievement approach uses evidence from cutting-edge research to inform world-class student assessments.