Survey your students on how they feel about key aspects of their school lives, including their teachers, peers and learning.
ACER’s School Life Questionnaire is a 15-minute survey with instant reporting so you can quickly gather the information you need to support your students.
The SLQ offers students the opportunity to anonymously respond to a series of statements about their school experience by indicating how much they agree with each statement. There are two surveys available to cater for students in Year 5 and above.
Instantly review school-wide reports as soon as surveys are completed
- A useful summary of results
- A breakdown of results by specific area and individual survey questions
- Results reported by year-level and gender
- Comparative data between your school and other schools using the survey
- Confidentiality for students, with student identity kept anonymous
Free 30 day trial
With interruptions to on-campus learning, the SLQ can offer insights into how your students feel about their school, offering them an opportunity to provide valuable feedback during remote learning or when they have returned to campus.
Please get in touch with our team if you would like to discuss if the SLQ is right for your school or to set up a free 30-day trial.
The questionnaire can support schools:
- as part of a continued focus on student wellbeing; the data can inform initiatives and track their impact, providing valuable evidence to inform the school community.
- returning to campus after a period of remote or rostered learning to capture useful information about student wellbeing and their attitudes towards school.
- conducting remote learning to help understand how students feel about their virtual learning environment and to support continued connection between students and their school community.
The results of the SLQ allow schools to make judgements about the effectiveness of policies concerned with curriculum, teaching practices, assessment, programs and organisation, as well as identify pointers to action or to areas of concern for the school.
The survey may be administered to all students in your school, specific year levels or specific groups of students. Most schools administer the survey annually or bi-annually to show development over time.
Backed by decades of research
The ACER’s School Life Questionnaire has been used in a series of studies in different contexts over more than two decades. The results of these studies have enabled the instrument to be developed and its properties to be established through replicated results.
The SLQ is delivered via the ACER's online platform.
Option 1: 12 month license
|Maximum school enrolment||One assessment program||Two assessment programs||Additional assessment programs|
|More than 1200 students||$3080||$4140||$530|
License cost is based on whole-school enrolment number. License period begins upon purchase of first assessment program.
^Cost of third assessment program and additional. Additional assessment programs are valid for the remainder of the existing license period.
Pricing is shown in AUD
Option 2: Individual student cost for online assessment and reporting.
Must be pre-purchased.
Per student administration $8.50