The Assessment of Languages Competence (ALC) is a suite of tests, at different levels, designed to assess language competence in learners of additional languages.
The ALC is offered in:
- Chinese (Additional Language Learners): Certificates 1, 2 and 3
- French: Certificates 1, 2, 3
- German: Certificates 1, 2, 3
- Indonesian: Certificates 1, 2, 3
- Italian: Certificates 1, 2, 3
- Japanese: Certificates 1, 2, 3
- Modern Greek: Certificate 1, 2, 3
- Spanish: Certificates 1, 2 and 3
The tests are delivered online in a multiple choice format.
For information on recommended Certificate level allocation, please see FAQs.
The ALC includes:
- ALC online tests.
- Available on-demand.
- Instant results.
- Instant student reports (Group Report, individual Report)
- Free practice materials.
- Printed certificates* sent to you.
*For those who have done listening and reading.
ALC testing contributes to:
- The promotion and celebration of languages education.
- Analysing students' receptive skills of listening and reading in the target language.
- Providing an overview of a school's performance in relation to languages.
'The ALC is a compulsory element of our Languages program at MacKillop College. We hand out the certificates at a school assembly, we report on the student achievements in the school newsletter and we publish their results in our college yearbook. We are very proud of our Japanese and French results every year! Great PR for Languages!'
Carmel Freeman, MacKillop College, Bathurst