PAT is an integrated approach to improving learning
Measuring a student’s knowledge, skills and understanding in a subject helps pinpoint where they are in their learning journey – and what they need to progress. Innovative computer adaptive assessments are now available!
The PAT Teaching Resources Centre contains thousands of curriculum-linked teaching tools easily matched with student needs.
Whatever your starting point, PAT professional learning will give you all the skills and knowledge you need to use data to improve student learning.
Powered by Progressive Achievement
Progressive Achievement is the idea that all learners can be supported to demonstrate progress, regardless of starting point. It underpins much of ACER’s work, including the flagship PAT suite.
Understanding PAT and progressive achievement
This ‘why, what and how’ of the PAT Progressive Achievement approach is a handy ongoing reference point for all teachers and school leaders, aligned to PAT professional learning course content and made up of five booklets:
- Understanding the Progressive Achievement Approach: Essays and articles
- Using the PAT Progressive Achievement Approach: Informing pedagogical practices
- Understanding PAT Assessments: What they are and how they work
- Understanding the PAT Teaching Resources Centre: Reading comprehension examples
- Understanding the PAT Teaching Resources Centre: Number and Algebra examples
- Understanding PAT Adaptive Assessments: Maximising achievement with personalised pathways
Schools using PAT
Tests delivered in 2023
Students assessed every year
Designed by world leaders in education
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) is globally renowned for its work in assessment, educational research and products and services that improve learning across the lifespan.
Trusted by teachers in more than half of all Australian schools to improve learning outcomes for every student.
Contact the PAT team for an obligation-free chat.