|18 Sep 2019||
Time: 4 pm AEST
Dr Jarrod Hingston
This session will focus on how teachers can most effectively use and interpret the Bands Report. Available as part of the PAT Reading and PAT Maths reporting suite, the Bands Report shows the distribution of students according to ‘achievement bands’. Teachers can take advantage of the Bands Report to identify where students are in their learning, identify next steps and monitor progress over time.
The session will demonstrate:
- how a Bands Report can be generated for an entire school, a year level or tagged groups of students
- how to access Band Descriptors
- how the Bands Report links to resources in the PAT Teaching Resources Centre.
ACER will also discuss the relationship between PAT achievement bands and the PAT scale, how the PAT band descriptors are developed and how teachers can use the band descriptors as a learning progression.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- Generate a Bands Report for PAT Reading and PAT Maths for targeted student cohorts
- Use and interpret the report for identifying where students are in their learning
- Use and interpret the report and PAT resources for supporting target setting and monitoring progress over time.
Teachers and school staff members responsible for administering or reporting on students’ PAT assessments, or for implementing teaching and learning strategies informed by students’ PAT assessment results. This webinar is also recommended for educators with an interest in the application of learning progressions.
No prior PAT professional learning is required.
Experience with PAT Reading and PAT Maths is highly recommended.