ACER is an independent, not-for-profit research organisation with more than 90 years of experience providing quality educational research.
With offices in six countries, our research supports policymakers, leaders and educators to improve educational policy and practice for learners around the world.
Creating knowledge to inform policy and practice
We assist educational decision makers at all levels to develop better understandings of educational challenges, opportunities and progress over time.Large-scale assessment Assessment reform & innovation
We promote better outcomes for all learners through the identification and implementation of evidence-based policies and practices.Program & policy evaluation School & system improvement
Improving learning across the lifespan
Our research informs the provision of high quality early childhood education and care that promotes holistic learning and development.
We draw on our expertise in education policy, curricula, assessment, teaching, learning and leadership to generate evidence for change.
Tertiary & vocational
We support policymakers, leaders, educators and learners in the tertiary, vocational, adult and workplace education sectors.
Discover our latest research
Education 2030 Agenda
Our work supports global efforts to meet the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030, in particular goal 4: to ensure quality education for all.
- an official partner of UNESCO
- a recognised partner in all areas of large-scale assessment for UNICEF countries in the Asia-Pacific region
- an evaluation partner for UNICEF countries in the Eastern and Southern Africa, and South Asia region
- a key partner of the Global Alliance to Monitor Learning (GAML)
Monitoring education worldwide
The Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Centre works to ensure that education policies, practices and investments are influenced by high-quality evidence.
Improving learning in developing contexts
ACER is helping to strengthen education systems and improve educational outcomes for millions of children living in low- and middle-income countries.
Committed to the UN SDGs
Working closely with global, regional and national education stakeholders, ACER provides technical support to enable monitoring of progress towards SDG 4.
ACER Research Repository
ACEReSearch repository contains ACER’s research available in digital form, including reports, working papers, conference papers, and more.Visit the repository
We partner with a range of international organisations, national governments, intergovernmental organisations and regional bodies around the world.
- Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- British Council
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Global Partnership for Education (GPE)
- Network for Education Quality Monitoring in the Asia-Pacific (NEQMAP)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Pacific Educational Quality Assessment Programme (EQAP)
- People's Action for Learning Network (PAL Network)
- Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC)
- Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- World Bank
One of ACER’s great strengths is its people. Our research staff have years of experience in a range of disciplines and research methods.
Join us and make a difference
Working with ACER
Want to become part of a team of committed professionals who are experts in their fields and work collaboratively across Australian and international projects?
Register as an ACER Associate
ACER invites professional partnerships with international researchers and consultants with expertise in a range of education quality improvement related areas.