We recognise our employees are our greatest asset and acknowledge their contribution to our continued success through generous employment conditions and benefits.
Remuneration and rewards
- a highly competitive salary
- superannuation contributions of between 9.5% and 17% to UniSuper (for Australian employees)
- annual salary increases
- annual incremental progression within the salary range of position level
- access to salary packaging options (for Australian employees)
Flexible work practices
- 20 days of annual leave for each year of employment (pro rata for part-time employees)
- additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- access to additional flexible leave of up to 20 days (such as 48/52, 50/52)
- 20 days of personal and carer's leave for each year of employment (pro rata for part-time employees)
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for primary carers and 3 weeks of paid partner leave
- access to military service, community services and blood donation leave
- access to religious, cultural and ceremonial leave
Health, safety and wellbeing
- annual flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- international travel, health and security advisory services
- various site-specific initiatives and services that include weekly fruit platters, subsidised massages, secure bicycle facilities, discount gym and yoga memberships, on-site showers and sports lockers, and ongoing support for a number of local and national work health events
We believe that leadership is exercised by individuals or groups whether or not they are in formal positions of authority and so everybody can provide leadership in their day-to-day work. To better understand our leadership values and behaviours, please view the ACER Leadership Framework.
Learning and development
We are committed to the ongoing professional development of our employees and encourage them to actively pursue learning and growth opportunities which broaden the range and level of their expertise and skills. To assist our employees to achieve their individual performance, professional development and career objectives we offer a range of initiatives including:
- annual performance and development cycle;
- studies assistance for vocational qualifications, degrees and higher degrees;
- support for attendance at conferences, external courses and/or training programs;
- personal development programs and education sessions;
- leadership and mentoring programs; and
- access to online learning resources which provide practical information, tools and e-learning that can be used and applied in the workplace.
Employment terms and conditions
To view the terms and conditions of employment for employees in our Australian offices please see the ACER Enterprise Agreement 2019–2022.
We are committed to providing competitive local terms and conditions of employment for employees in our international offices. Further details of these terms and conditions will be provided during the relevant recruitment process.